|Project Training Coordinator (PTC)
|Office based at Dhadingbesi, with frequent travel to fields
|Duration of Contract:
|One year initially with possibility of extension depending upon funding availability and performance appraisal
|Level of contact with children:
|High and frequent interaction with children
|SAFE (Securing Access for Education) Project
Prayatnashil Community Development Society (PRAYAS-Nepal) is a Non-Governmental Organization dedicated towards improving livelihoods, health, good-governance, and the well-being of poor and marginalized people. PRAYAS Nepal focuses on children, women, marginalized and rural communities aiming to set holistic development goals to create a transformed and interdependent Nepali society. PRAYAS-Nepal is working with Nepalese children to provide quality education, dignity and respect within families, food security, income generating support, health, and security regardless of their gender, ethnicity, and religion.
PRAYAS Nepal implemented a nine-month start-up phase of “Education for Hope” project during March- September 2022 funded by ChildFund Japan (CFJ) Head Office in 19 public schools of ward number 6, 8 and 10 of BenighatRorang Rural Municipality of Dhading. Upon successful completion of the start-up phase, PRAYAS Nepal and ChildFund Japan Nepal Office has entered partnership to implement long term programs in Dhading district. With this development, ChildFund Japan Nepal Office (CFJ NO) and PRAYAS Nepal will implement a five-year Securing Access for Education (SAFE) Project in the same project locations. In relation to ensure children’s right to quality education, and healthy livelihoods, SAFE project envisions to improve teaching-learning environment of schools, teacher capacity building, WASH, and empower communities for their quality contribution for education and health of their children at schools, homes, and at communities. PRAYAS Nepal seeks applications from qualified Nepali candidates to lead implementing training components under education and livelihoods interventions of the project.
SAFE project is a holistic education project aiming to ensure access to and quality of education in 19 public schools of ward no 6, 8 and 10 of BenighatRorang Rural Municipality of Dhading district. The PTCis responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing training components of project SAFE project. Coordinating with Project Manager and Field Program Officers, Project Training Coordinator designs training modules, detail implementation plans (DIP), and coordinates with consultants, training participants and stakeholders to effectively deliver the project activities. S/he also develops quality reports of the events, collects data, case/ success stories and other evidence related to project. S/he should ensure that the principles, standards and procedures of safeguarding and protection of children are strictly maintained during implementation project activities.
Specific responsibilities for PTC will include, but not limited to the following tasks:
- Support Project Manager in planning, organizing, coordination and communication for the implementation of training components of the project.
- Lead organizing trainings and cluster level meetings/interactions/ discussion with and among headteachers, teachers, ECD teachers and management bodies.
- Lead organizing capacity building, workshops and trainings with community-based organizations, parents, child-clubs, focal teachers, and parents.
- Prepare detailed activity plans and proposals to implement relevant project activities.
- Ensure that the principles, standards and procedures of safeguarding and protection of children are maintained during implementation project activities.
- Collect data and information for evidence-based progress reporting of sponsored children and their families including the data and information of student overall attendance, retention and learning achievement and submit.
- Supports field-based staff in delivery of construction and implementing hardware components of the project.
- Coordinate and communicates with field-based stakeholders including schools, cooperatives, school management committees and parent teacher associations.
- Communicate and coordinates with Field Officers for the effective implementation the activities in the field.
- Support to the Field Officers to organize education related project components including day celebrations, extracurricular activities, etc.
- Collect required data, information and photos from the field, analyse and compile them, and prepares quality reports.
- Prepare comprehensive and quality event reports.
- Support Project Manager in generating evidence-based periodic quality reports of the project.
- At all times, the post holder will be responsible for completing other assigned tasks as requested by the Project Manager.
Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Social Work, and RuralDevelopment having more than three years experiences in the relevant field(Master’s degree ispreferable).
Professional skills / Requirements
- Knowledge on child rights, protection, disability inclusion, gender equity & social inclusion in education system.
- Prior experience with schools, government institutions and familiarity with NGO/INGO working/reporting processes required.
- Experienced in education sector teachers training and community mobilization.
- Should have taken ToT training.
- Experiences in conducting community level events.
- Competent in computer-MS applications.
- Good communication & facilitation skills.
- Ability to work well with others in a team, take initiative independently.
- Leadership & organizational skills
- Motorbike driving skills with valid license.
I have read the Job Description and agree to undertake the activities and responsibilities specified herein. I also acknowledge that this profile is an indicative indication of job activities and I understand that I may be required to undertake additional tasks as required within the mandate of PRAYAS Nepal and CFJ NO.
A signed copy of this JD has also been given to me.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria should send their cover letter mentioning position applied for and an updated CV to: email@example.com no later than 5 PM on 25th February 2023. PRAYAS Nepal reserves the rights to cancel, postpone or modify the whole recruitment process without providing any reasons whatsoever. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the assessment process.
PRAYAS Nepal is an Equal Opportunity Employer. PRAYAS Nepal considers all applicants on the basis of merit regardless of their race, sex, colour, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. Preference will be given to local candidates and those with experience in related fields.
PRAYAS Nepal and ChildFund Japan Nepal Office are child rights focused organizations, so we need to keep children safe. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the safety and protection of children in all our programs. Therefore, the selected candidates will be subjected to background check.