|Job Title:||Field Program Officer (FPO)|
|Locations:||Field based at Ward Number 6, 8 and 10 of Benighat Rorang Rural Municipality of Dhading district.|
|Duration of Contract:||One year initially with possibility of extension depending upon funding availability and performance appraisal|
|Reports to:||Project Manager|
|Level of contact with children:||High and frequent interaction with children|
|Project/Program:||SAFE (Securing Access for Education) Project|
Prayatnashil Community Development Society (PRAYAS-Nepal) is a Non-Governmental Organization dedicated towards improving livelihoods, health, good-governance, and the well-being of poor and marginalized people. PRAYAS Nepal focuses on children, women, marginalized and rural communities aiming to set holistic development goals to create a transformed and interdependent Nepali society. PRAYAS-Nepal is working with Nepalese children to provide quality education, dignity and respect within families, food security, income generating support, health, and security regardless of their gender, ethnicity, and religion.
PRAYAS Nepal implemented a nine-month start-up phase of “Education for Hope” project during March- September 2022 funded by ChildFund Japan (CFJ) Head Office in 19 public schools of ward number 6, 8 and 10 of Benighat Rorang Rural Municipality of Dhading. Upon successful completion of the start-up phase, PRAYAS Nepal and ChildFund Japan Nepal Office has entered into partnership to implement long term programs in Dhading district. With this development, ChildFund Japan Nepal Office (CFJ NO) and PRAYAS Nepal will implement a five-year Securing Access for Education (SAFE) Project in the same project locations. In relation to ensure children’s right to quality education, and healthy livelihoods, SAFE project envisions to improve teaching-learning environment of schools, teacher capacity building, WASH, and empower communities for their quality contribution for education and health of their children at schools, homes, and at communities. PRAYAS Nepal seeks applications from qualified Nepali candidates to implement all project activities at field based under the supervision of Project Manager and coordination with Project Training Coordinator.
SAFE is a holistic education project aiming to ensure access to and quality of education in 19 public schools of ward no 6, 8 and 10 of Benighat Rorang Rural Municipality, Dhading.The FPO holds a major role of implementing field-based activities and liaise with field-based stakeholders including ward offices, schools, cooperatives, and community-based organizations (CBOs), parents and mother/women groups and child clubs. S/he is responsible to ensure delivery of field-based project activities timely and effectively. S/he should represent organization in the government meetings, events and other forums that affect project implementation. S/he ensures that the project is in right track and provides way forward for necessary feedback for further amendment in plan and implementation strategies.
Specific responsibilities for FPO will include, but not limited to the following tasks:
- Develop activity plans, proposals, and execute project activities at schools, community and ward levels.
- Facilitate implementation of activities planned in work plan&budget with schools, teachers, members of School Management Committees (SMC), Parent Teacher Associations (PTA) and community people.
- Represent, participate, and facilitate discussions with local level ward office and community-based organizations(CBOs) on education and children’s issues.
- Ensure that the principles, standards and procedures of safeguarding and protection of children are strictly maintained during implementation project activities.
- Mentor and facilitate child club members to conducting meetings, identifying activities, and preparing minutes of the meetings, if required.
- Prepare case/success story and ensure their sustainable change at impact level.
- Collect and assist PTC for collecting indicator-based data to update project monitoring and evaluation tools as required.
- Conduct interaction, awareness meetings, and seminars with community people sensitizing the importance of education, saving and credits, and about nutritious life of children.
- Update Project Manager regularly about project interventions in ward and cluster level.
- Ensure evidence-based reporting while preparing activity reports andmonthly progress reports.
- Monitor Sponsored Children (SCs) in school and report serious issues of SCs (absence in classrooms more than 1 week, accident, serious sickness) promptly to Project Manager.
- Support SCs for writing Greeting Letter (GL), Reply Letter (RL), Hello Letter (HL), Thank You Letter (TL) and greeting cards.
- Collect Greeting Letter (GL), Reply Letter (RL), Hello Letter (HL), Thank You Letter (TL) from SC and distribute Sponsor Letters to SCs through schoolteachers on time.
- Lead community volunteer program and manage, guide community volunteers for their leadership and skill development.
- Identify needy children to register in the Sponsor Program and monitor them regular basis.
- Take recording of photos of SCs for individual progress report (IPR) and child intake sheet (CIS).
- Participate in monthly project staff meeting and share project progress.
- Coordinate and communicate with ward level stakeholders about project activities.
Bachelor’s Degree with three years’ experience or, Intermediate with five years’ in implementing education, child protection and community mobilization projects.
Professional skills / Requirements
- Knowledge on child rights, protection, disability inclusion, gender equity & social inclusion in education system
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Fluent in computer MS application
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experiences in conducting community level activities
- Motorbike driving skills with valid license is preferable.
I have read the Job Description and agree to undertake the activities and responsibilities specified herein. I also acknowledge that this profile is an indicative indication of job activities and I understand that I may be required to undertake additional tasks as required within the mandate of PRAYAS Nepal and CFJ NO.
A signed copy of this JD has also been given to me.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria should send their cover letter mentioning position applied for and an updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 PM on 25th February 2023. PRAYAS Nepal reserves the rights to cancel, postpone or modify the whole recruitment process without providing any reasons whatsoever. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the assessment process.
PRAYAS Nepal is an Equal Opportunity Employer. PRAYAS Nepal considers all applicants on the basis of merit regardless of their race, sex, colour, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. Preference will be given to local candidates and those with experience in related fields.
PRAYAS Nepal and ChildFund Japan Nepal Office are child rights focused organizations, so we need to keep children safe. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the safety and protection of children in all our programs. Therefore, the selected candidates will be subjected to background check.