World Vision Nepal
World Vision International (WVI) Nepal is a part of the World Vision International global partnership operating in 100 countries. WVI started its long-term development programme in Nepal since 2001 to contribute for well-being of children. At present, WVI Nepal has long-term development programmes in 16 districts (Udayapur, Sarlahi, Mahottari, Rautahat, Sindhuli, Kathmandu, Lalitpur, Lamjung, Jumla, Kailali, Achham, Doti, Bajhang, Dailekh, Jajarkot and Kanchanpur) across six provinces of the country with the goal to improve well-being of 0.8 million children, in particular the most vulnerable ones.
Operations Trainee_National Office
Time type: Full time
Job requisition id: R25225
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)
The Operation Trainee will provide support to WVIN’s Operations in three major areas. They include Resource Management, and Organizational Capacity Building in Disaster Management.
- Assist in updating information management systems/databases related to Resource Management and Organizational Capacity Building in Disaster Management in coordination with relevant staff who are the focal points of these priorities.
- Is responsible for data entry, updating and amending systems/databases as required.
- Asist in training other staff members in how to input, edit and extract data from relevant sources/ system
- Assist in generating analytical reports relevant to these systems/databases for effective decision making
- Create project flyers/one pager for projects as required
- Update programming share points in a regular basis
- Assist in maintaining proper documentation required for Resource Management and Organizational Capacity Building in DI & MORAL Values Project.
- Work with PNGO PC for reporting and documentation
- Follow up settlement and fund release to the Vendors and relevant stakeholders.
- Regular update on integrated dashboard, Community feedback, Beneficiaries.
- Perform other organizational and business processes that are required to contribute to WVIN’s strategic objectives and to maintain a healthy organizational life
- Understand and perform safeguarding responsibilities and obligations as per organizational policies and standards
- Update information and knowledge gathered through participation of meeting, training, workshop and exchange visit.
- Coordination with PNGO Staff for project implementation
- Deliver performance as per the quarterly scorecard agreements, complete performance review and achieve personal development goal.
- Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to World Vision’s Core Values in the approach to work and relationships
- Demonstrate personal and professional growth
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- Good working knowledge of MS Office platforms
- Experience in blogging and wordpress is desirable
Required Education, training, license, registration and certification
- Bachelor in Development Studies, Communications or other relevant field
- Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to do data analysis in excel
- Proficiency in ICT skills required for blogging and/or web-based information systems
- Ability to develop information graphics to communicate data trends
- Administration skills
- Coordination skills – ability to work and facilitate work across teams
- Excellent writing skills in English
Travel and/or Work Environment
- Able to coordinate well across teams and units
- Willing to work outside of office hours if required by work priorities/deadlines
- Committed to World Vision Ethos, Mission, Vision and Core values
** IF YOU ARE FORMER REGISTERED CHILDREN OF WVIN PLEASE MENTION THIS IN YOUR CV/ APPLICATION
“World Vision is committed to achieving diversity, as the diversity of our teams is critical to our overall success. WV welcomes applications from qualified professionals all over Nepal. Women, people with disability, and members from other marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.”
“Children and vulnerable adults who come into contact with WV as a result of our activities must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury, and any other harm. One of the ways that WVI Nepal shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates, in accordance to its Child and Adult Safeguarding Policy. WVI Nepal has zero tolerance to child rights’ violations, by employees and/or affiliates.”
WVIN reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.
People & Culture Department
World Vision International Nepal
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Source: World Vision Careers
(For apply and more detail please visit World Vision careers website)