World Vision Nepal
World Vision International (WVI) Nepal is a part of the World Vision International global partnership operating in 100 countries. WVI started its long-term development programme in Nepal since 2001 to contribute for well-being of children. At present, WVI Nepal has long-term development programmes in 16 districts (Udayapur, Sarlahi, Mahottari, Rautahat, Sindhuli, Kathmandu, Lalitpur, Lamjung, Jumla, Kailali, Achham, Doti, Bajhang, Dailekh, Jajarkot and Kanchanpur) across six provinces of the country with the goal to improve well-being of 0.8 million children, in particular the most vulnerable ones.
MEAL Trainee_National Office
Time type: Full time
Job requisition id: R25228
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)
- Work closely National Office MEAL Team and assist to facilitate WVI Nepal supported Programmes and Projects to manage the project cycle effectively in line with National Strategy and MEAL departmental goal.
- Support MEAL Coordinator as well as team members in regular monitoring, baselines, evaluations and other surveys information management under different technical programme and projects that are required in the line with departmental role.
- Work closely with MEAL Team of National Office in testing/development of data collection tools for (qualitative & quantitative research).
- Lead in secondary database management of different thematic areas.
- Assist in data verification of existing system like beneficiaries recording, activities tracking, feedback handling, Regular data quality assurance and M&E recommendation etc.
- Involve in field visit monitoring, along with National office and MEAL team.
Support in research and evidence gathering
- Assist in collecting the evidence base information from field offices to produce the regular product like Accountability, M&E recommendation and MVC analysis brief.
- Support the MEAL team to gather and collate evidences on changes and impact in child well-being in WVIN’s programme areas.
- Support in organizing MEAL event like regular meetings, Learnings sharing event and annual review meeting with PNGOs.
Personal development and transformation
- Enhance own management skills and knowledge of development and WVIN ministry in the WVIN context
- Increase own involvement in WVIN ministry
- Initiate for own learning and development in the WVIN context
- Keep daily learning records and prepare monthly progress reports
- Prepare action plan based on the team plans together with supervisors and team members and act accordingly
- Attend meeting as per organizational requirement
- Other responsibilities: While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the duties involved in this position, WVI reserves the right to add, remove or alter duties when necessary
- Any other task assigned by direct supervisor
** IF YOU ARE FORMER REGISTERED CHILDREN OF WVIN PLEASE MENTION THIS IN YOUR CV/ APPLICATION
“World Vision is committed to achieving diversity, as the diversity of our teams is critical to our overall success. WV welcomes applications from qualified professionals all over Nepal. Women, people with disability, and members from other marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.”
“Children and vulnerable adults who come into contact with WV as a result of our activities must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury, and any other harm. One of the ways that WVI Nepal shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates, in accordance to its Child and Adult Safeguarding Policy. WVI Nepal has zero tolerance to child rights’ violations, by employees and/or affiliates.”
WVIN reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.
People & Culture Department
World Vision International Nepal
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Source: World Vision Careers
(For apply and more detail please visit World Vision careers website)