World Vision Nepal
World Vision International (WVI) Nepal is a part of the World Vision International global partnership operating in 100 countries. WVI started its long-term development programme in Nepal since 2001 to contribute for well-being of children. At present, WVI Nepal has long-term development programmes in 16 districts (Udayapur, Sarlahi, Mahottari, Rautahat, Sindhuli, Kathmandu, Lalitpur, Lamjung, Jumla, Kailali, Achham, Doti, Bajhang, Dailekh, Jajarkot and Kanchanpur) across six provinces of the country with the goal to improve well-being of 0.8 million children, in particular the most vulnerable ones.
Admin and Procurement Trainee_National Office
Time type: Full time
Job requisition id: R25229
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)
The incumbent is expected to gain a command over WVIN procurement policies and fundamentals of procurement, supply and administration. The incumbent will also have opportunity to understand daily applicability in WVIN’s administration and programmes through On-the-job-training. The incumbent will also support procurement functions to carry-out daily procurement business within the unit and oversee documentation of sourcing files as per audit standards.
- Support in procurement of items as per assigned category which might include direct procurement of office supplies, stationaries, utilities etc.
- Take lead in payment process to suppliers based on procurement undertaken.
- Assist in market assessment and direct purchases.
- Support in pre-bidding process, collecting bid, maintaining register etc.
- Assist to maintain register for office supplies and other inventories, as required
- Assist to record, establish and maintain hard copy key documents and upload soft copies in automated system as per audit standards.
- Update and review data and vendor information in automation system periodically.
- Support in pre-qualification of vendors and update the prequalified status in automation system.
- Support in organizing internal meetings, draft meeting minutes.
- Provide support to administration unit as required.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to World Vision’s Core Values in the approach to work and relationships;
- Maintain Work and Life balance
- Support in assignments/projects/functions as assigned by the supervisor
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
- Worked in a professional environment for at least three months ( Preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, or other relevant field
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Power point
- Basic computer knowledge and handling skills
- Good communication skills (both written and spoken), including across all cultures
- Good interpersonal skills
** IF YOU ARE FORMER REGISTERED CHILDREN OF WVIN PLEASE MENTION THIS IN YOUR CV/ APPLICATION
“World Vision is committed to achieving diversity, as the diversity of our teams is critical to our overall success. WV welcomes applications from qualified professionals all over Nepal. Women, people with disability, and members from other marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.”
“Children and vulnerable adults who come into contact with WV as a result of our activities must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury, and any other harm. One of the ways that WVI Nepal shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates, in accordance to its Child and Adult Safeguarding Policy. WVI Nepal has zero tolerance to child rights’ violations, by employees and/or affiliates.”
WVIN reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.
People & Culture Department
World Vision International Nepal
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Source: World Vision Careers
(For apply and more detail please visit World Vision careers website)