Sponsorship Communication and Engagement Officer
time type: Full time
posted on: 20 Oct 2023
job requisition id: JR25832
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
The purpose of this position is to handle and manage the Sponsorship Systems desktop, Horizon mobile application, data management, child media contents and all incoming and outgoing correspondences for all support offices and APs in compliance with World Vision’s Global Standards and technical requirements.
This position would be focused on the smooth management of all sponsorship engagement communications and correspondences that will enable WVI Nepal to maintain timely and quality communication with sponsors and children. Also, this position will require to provide technical support to APs to identify and manage data gaps in system/child data and child media contents. This is an office-based position but will involve frequent visits to the districts and communities for monitoring and capacity building of Partner NGO staff.
- Support and coordination of all Sponsorship Communication features and Data management for WVI Nepal.
- Monitoring of quality, integrity, security and consistency of information generated by all Child Sponsorship and Community Sponsorship communications products and systems for WVI Nepal.
- Ensure all the child media contents related to child sponsorship is timely captured in APs, uploaded and WV Sponsorship Global Rich Media standard is maintained.
- Monitor queries for all APs. Ensure queries are responded to and followed up by relevant FO/APs in a timely manner. Ensure queries and feedback loops are documented and closed appropriately.
- Ensure WVI Nepal APs have latest updated media contents for capability in Auto APR production and identify and manage data gaps in system/ child data and child media content.
- Manage the registered children’s data portfolio and ensure the authenticity of the information of registered children including well managed RC growth of APs in Horizon Hope.
- Ensure timely generations and review of reports to share regularly with APs for timely action and follow up on GC rejected contents.
- Support to ensure that WVI Nepal’s digitalization efforts are in alignment with the Partnership communications and products standards of Child Sponsorship and Community Sponsorship.
- Support to ensure digital upload of all community media products ensuring their quality and timeliness.
- Liaise with MEAL functions to identify data discrepancies/gaps in WVI Nepal’s various systems and to work on ensuring the data are authentic and consistent in all WVI Nepal systems
- Ensure that WVI Nepal’s digitalization efforts are in alignment with the Partnership communications and products standards of Child Sponsorship and Community Sponsorship
- Data entry into Horizon for all sponsor letters/cards and gifts and generate CCF reports.
- Verify the CCF reports, pack all the Sponsor letters/cards/gifts/Bulk cards, and dispatch to respective APs/field offices via courier aligned within the standard turnaround time.
- Send email to all APs/field offices to notify them about the dispatch of the gifts/letters/bulk cards.
- Regular follow-up with the courier for timely and safe dispatch of all correspondences.
- Dispatch CEWs to all APs/FOs.
- Maintain courier dispatch log sheet in NO for sent sponsor letter/card/gifts/bulk cards, CEW as soft copy.
- Ensure delivery of 100% quality reviewed CEWs on a standard timeline.
- Good understanding of correspondence standards, timeline, and technical requirements and ensure all correspondence are meeting the standards.
- Properly process each correspondence and ensure that all correspondence meets the technical and timeline standards.
- Maintain confidentiality of the address of sponsors and children and make sure these are not exchanged unless and without mutual agreement between NO and SO.
- Support in review of Correspondence Child Input and translation quality.
- Provide orientation to AP/PNGO staff and short-term staff on Sponsorship correspondence standards
- Provide orientation to AP/PNGO staffs and short-term staffs to maintain quality, timeliness and understanding of all child sponsorship and community media contents
- Manage the Child’s Data Quality (DQ) Review process in close coordination with GC and AP
- Ensure that all processes associated with WVI Nepal’s Child Sponsorship Rich Media, Correspondence and Data management are in compliance with organizational standards and policies
- Performance review completed and personal development plan achieved
- Updated knowledge through training, study of related documents and visiting WV central.
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- Minimum of 2 years-experience in similar or equivalent positions in the development sector or sponsorship-based organization.
- World Vision experience in Sponsorship is preferred.
- Experienced in preparing and facilitating training workshops.
- Understanding of poverty-related issues, development theories, and sustainable development practices including empowerment approaches through community-led activities and advocacy.
- Strong coordination skills with the respective stakeholders.
- Strong written and oral communications skills in English including presentation and reporting skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Basic storytelling techniques, Child engagement techniques, Critical thinking skills and Communication and facilitation skills, including communicating with children and adults with respect and dignity
- Good photography and videography skill
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science/Rural Development/Development Studies/ Sociology/ International Relations or any relevant fields.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications
- Understanding of development concepts- Essential
- Good time management and organizing skills- Essential
- Strong computer Skills in MS-word, MS-excel, and PowerPoint- Essential
- Skill in Nepali and English typing- Essential
- Skill in Nepali to English and English to Nepali translation- Essential
- Training and facilitation skills- Essential
- Networking and influencing skills- Essential
- In-depth understanding of Sponsorship standards and processes- Essential
- Skill in web-based database- Preferred
- Good photography and videography skill-Essential
- Report writing skill- Essential
- Proven experience as a team player
- Ability to articulate and implement standards and procedures- Preferred
- Innovation and creativity to have fun and meaningful activities for children engagement- Preferred
- Knowledge of WVI Nepal’s Technical Programmes and organizational policies and standards, including Child Sponsorship standards-Preferred
Travel and/or Work Environment
AP/FO visit-10% Willingness to work outside office hours especially when meeting deadlines, conducting monitoring/field visits and when hosting sponsor/donor visits.
Will handle multiple tasks related to Sponsorship communications.
Fluent in English and Nepali
“World Vision is committed to achieving diversity, as the diversity of our teams is critical to our overall success. WV welcomes applications from qualified professionals all over Nepal. Women, people with disability, and members from other marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.”
“Children and vulnerable adults who come into contact with WV as a result of our activities must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury, and any other harm. One of the ways that WVI Nepal shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates, in accordance to its Child and Adult Safeguarding Policy. WVI Nepal has zero tolerance to child rights’ violations, by employees and/or affiliates.”
WVI Nepal reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.
People & Culture Department
World Vision International Nepal
To apply visit the page: https://worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WorldVisionInternational/job/Sponsorship-Communication-and-Engagement-Officer_JR25832-1