MONITORING, EVALUATION AND LEARNING (MEL) LEAD
Corus International incorporating, Lutheran World Relief in Nepal is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced candidate for the position of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) for an anticipated U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food For Progress project in Nepal. The project is designed to address food security through improvements in the aquaculture value chain by incorporating climate smart technologies, improving end market linkages and incomes for farmers, increasing access to finance for farmers to expand trade of agricultural products, and strengthening the public and private sector.
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Lead is primarily responsible for leading all components of monitoring, evaluation, learning and special studies on an anticipated U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food For Progress project in Nepal called Modernizing Aquaculture in Nepal. The project is designed to address food security through improvements in the aquaculture value chain by (1) incorporating climate smart technologies, (2) improving end market linkages and incomes for farmers, (3) increasing access to finance for farmers to expand trade of agricultural products, and (4) strengthening the public and private sector.
The MEL Lead responsibilities include developing the Evaluation Plan, Performance Monitoring Plan, and MEL Plan to incorporate project-specific indicators aligned with the project results framework. S/he will manage the collection, analysis, validation, and storage of the project’s data and all data quality assessment activities. The MEL Lead will manage the development of data collection tools, research and evaluation methodologies, and managing the online database system for managing data. S/he will oversee routine data quality assurance exercises, data collection, data entry, data analysis, validation and timely reporting and disseminate lessons learned, best practices, and other project deliverables.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Leads preparation and submission of performance monitoring plan and evaluation plan to meet the donor requirement
- Build/strengthen capacity in monitoring, evaluation and learning activities of the project team, consortium partners, grant recipients and stakeholders
- Prepare reports on performance on indicators and targets semi-annually in project performance reports and final report
- Updates USDA through COP and DCOP on any changes to the project’s monitoring and evaluation, including requesting changes to targets if desired
- Responsible for drafting the Terms of Reference for evaluations, assessments and special studies carried out on the project
- Oversees the process of hiring and work of the evaluation firm or consultants who carry out the baseline study, as well as liaising with the firm/consultant hired to carry out the midterm and final evaluation throughout the process. The MEL lead will ensure the alignment of the baseline study data in the PMP and Evaluation Plan
- Ensure validity, reliability, precision, timeliness and integrity for quality data collection across the team, inclusive of LWR team, consortium partners, grant recipients and stakeholders
- Discusses actions to address findings and recommendations with project COP and DCOP
- Reports on implementation of evaluation, assessments and special studies findings for future follow-up actions in the project. Ensure documentation of all findings are collated in reports and shared widely with the project team and headquarters
- Reviews USDA food for progress learning agenda and dissemination of strategy for improving knowledge base and sharing evaluation findings and lessons learnt
- Collaborate with other USAID/USDA projects in the country for learning and sharing, as appropriate and as directed by the COP or headquarters PM
- Represent LWR in appropriate forums
- MEL Assistant
- Data Analyst
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, monitoring and evaluation, demography, social science, mathematics, economics, or relevant discipline. Master’s degree in similar field is desired. Significant study in the agricultural market field, international development and/or program monitoring and evaluation preferred
- Experience in the design, training, and implementation of MEL in development projects, preferably in agriculture, economic growth, trade and markets. In-depth understanding of and expertise in US government Food for Progress or Feed the Future standard indicators, MEL functions, performance monitoring plans and reporting
- At least 7 years relevant work experience of leading monitoring and evaluation of a complex agriculture, economic growth or trade projects, with USG projects
- Familiarity with software systems (Microsoft Suite, Google Suite, statistical software, online and/or mobile applications) used in M&E for data management (data collection, storage, analysis and dissemination)
- Prior experience of working in a team and mobilizing the team is required
- Deep commitment to LWR’s core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners
- Fluency in English and Nepali is required for this position
- Excellent interpersonal skills
The position will be located in Bara District with frequent travel.
Corus International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.
To Apply the position Click Here